Saturday, April 28, 2007
FEELING SO LET DOWN
They say it's a fact of life- losses and gains, happiness and sadness, pleasure and pain. But the only purpose that serves is to make you realize your suffering doesn't even have the comfort of being tragic!!!
So, as that suggests, I've lost something dear to me. And perhaps, more than just losing a friend, it's losing all my girlish ideals, of being disillusioned about friendship.
Oh, what am I blabbering about?
I knew this was coming, it was inevitable, and it's probably the best for all concerned.
It's just that... it hurts. To be abandoned all of a sudden, even if that does sound dramatic, and to know it's the end of all those years, and to have to lament them while the other person's oblivious to the hurt she's caused. I mean, the least you expect is acknowledgement, not plain ignorance.
It's a lesson in life, and one of the first, as I remind myself. No one's, absolutely no one's life is devoid of this. But somehow, despite the fact that I know it's good advice, at the moment, it doesn't seem to help... nor do the millions of other things I'm so lucky to have- even though I know I'm lucky to have them.
'Tis life, and it has to be accepted as such, but write now, that sounds like preachy nonsense.

Labels:

posted by Clezevra @ 6:25 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At April 28, 2007 at 11:29 AM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    Blabbering eh? Nice to know you are still there. Sorry to read of your loss. I wrote once on loss. Did you read it? Melancholic update: Melissa label: LOSS. The second part. A bit rambling but in a similar vein to yours. I hope you soon get over it. Of course you will. That's what happens. It's what hardens us up and turns us cynical.
    You asked about my trip. It was the gold award of what started life as the Duke of Edinburgh Award but is now called the International Award. Young people have to commit to sustained physical effort, community work, historical/cultural inquiry, etc. The group I was with will early next year visit and assist the children in an orphanage in Goa which has been supported by donations from our school.
    Cheer up, it can only get better.

     
  • At May 25, 2007 at 11:46 PM, Blogger bereaved vendetta said…

    hm... is this to do with me.. i agree i haven't been that friendly at school.. sorry.. if it was me you were talking about... i didn't know it let you down so much.. sorry..

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...