Friday, March 30, 2007
A MIXTURE OF BOTH...
A scientific temper, I thought, always consisted of not believing in superstitions, astrology, tales of monsters, and mythology. well, though that hasn't necassarily changed, I'm beginning to review my position on astrology- I mean, if you read a description of your sunsign (and the very fact that I did speaks tons!) you'll actually find the description kinda fits you. Or perhaps it's because it's flattering and who'se not going to believe that???
But reading Linda Goodman, you can't say each sunsign fits you. Though two of them do, in my case, but then I was born on the cusp. So, I'm a mixture and melange of Cancer and Gemini (born on 22nd).
Now you'll say, doesn't that just show every description fits anyone? But no, seriously, look at these, sentences:

"Gemini have a love of languages, and are usually learning some language, and their favoueite is french! (I am learning francais- so there!)"

"Gemini are quick to learn to read... it's as if words are made for them... this sunsign rules writing..."(and I have been told by friends I'm clever with words!)

"Cancerians are a pessimistic lot... they need to be constantly told they are needed in this world... they can drown you in their pessimism..." (True again!)

And this was when I didn't know I was a Gemini!
So go check the newspaper, remember the column on sunsigns that's always there?

Labels:

posted by Clezevra @ 9:29 PM  
1 Comments:
  • At April 6, 2007 at 7:26 AM, Blogger Mirror Polisher said…

    Hey me too. My nickname used to be Scully (from x-files)..I never believed--and still don't-- in astrology, dream interpretations, supernatural forces. But just like you, I am also reexamining my position.

    Didn't know there was such a thing as being born on the cusp. Thanks for the info. I check it out. Apparently I am a full cancer; though only 1 day less than being a Cancer/Leo.

    "Cancerians are a pessimistic lot"...not true. But "they need to be constantly told they are needed in this world" is true.

    Do you have the link to the newspaper article?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...