Sunday, March 18, 2007
A WORLD OF MY OWN

Beginning to write, the words seem to flow,
At times, of course, they come a bit slow,
Yet moving on, the paper fills,
With talk of people, snow and mills...


The blue ink, all on its own, seems to be nothing but a mess. Or in pens an instrument of torture for millions. Yet, thinking of that blue, scintillating substance, that with a few curves and lines manages to pour out my thoughts and ideas onto reality, and express them, I can only wonder.

Oh yes, the subject is writing.

Naturally, there are only two views on it. There are variations, but the concept is the same.
The first holds the position that writing is an art, a wonderful instrument and talent, and a wonderful way to spend a weekend. These are the writers and few and far between. Too few and too far.
The second view can be gathered from the expression the people wear when you tell them you like writing, one of astonishment and amazement, and you get a feeling they're slightly wary too, for if you can like writing, good heavens, but you can do anything!

Thank God, I belong firmly to the former school of thought, even if it means bieng a bit insane. Nah, bieng thought a bit insane.

So anyway, as I say, I'm passionate about writing. But what is it about writing that enchants me? Who knows? Perhaps that's a part of the charm.
What I like about it is bieng able to play creator, of holding the strings (the pen) and moulding lives and making up lands and people and names. The last, in fact, I'm, very creative in. In fact, names like 'Scroffard', 'Vendizger', 'Rutherstutton' are making people begin to seriously pity any children I might have anytime. But that's the point. I can do as I wish when I wield the pen and noone's there to stop me.
And then there's bieng able to go back and perfect dialogues and change events, to make them seem more realistic and polished. That doesn't happen in real life. For a person like me, whose not spontaneous but can think up witty replies given time, that's a relief.

And it's all worth those 'looks' ! After all, I can always cast those people in my books, and the charecters ain't so goody-goody either!

Labels:

posted by Clezevra @ 3:55 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...