Saturday, March 31, 2007
HOPES AND DREAMS
I hope, and dream and wonder, too,
Regardless of whether they might come true...
If stars can be wished upon,
And magic wonders work away...

I suppose every person does. Dream and hope and wonder and hope... hope springs eternal... desires delight and excite always... and thoughts of magic are always welcome... for the world needs them...
Spring is unfurling its leaves about me... the world is bieng bathed in beauty... and each day new flowers awaken to the enchantment around them... peering from, every tree... drowning the world in a all the colours that are delightful...
With all this around me, how can I remain depressed, exhausted, frightened, insecure, unsure... the world is telling me beauty will always be there... that it is eternal... thet problems are temporory...
But reality beckons... whatever that may be... a jarring note to a melodious illousion... reminding me there are decisions to be taken... work to be done... life to be lived, but not in the way I want... perhaps some day... far away... in the uncertain future... which beckons... but to what I wonder... and anyway... the present will have to be passed...
But does that matter? Spring surrounds the path, and the beauty is enough for the moment, to lull my worries and fears... to carry me away to a world of wonder...

Labels:

posted by Clezevra @ 6:50 AM  
5 Comments:
  • At April 5, 2007 at 12:42 AM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    I can see that above all you are a romantic. Thanks for your comment on Life in a Duststorm, my first from India, which, incidentally I have not yet visistd. Bucharest is the only place mentioned which I have not visited. And there are so mant still on the list. Visit again sometime. boojam

     
  • At April 5, 2007 at 10:22 PM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    OK so, your profile oozes passion. Romantics are passionate. Also, it talks of love. Your blog is PINK, you have a love of languages, and your wishes are undefined.......indicating a glazed-eyed gaze to a J M W TURNER sunrise. You read thick books. Thick could indicate stupid, though I guess not in your case. Thick books tend to be romances, though I admit, not always. If all this is not evidence enough, you are 14 and female. Interestingly I have before me now ten 14/15 year old girls doing an art exam, I know them well, have taught them for a number of years. Some, like you, present a hard, cynical exterior but behind that paper-thin facade lies a romantic, hoping for her prince, though they would never admit it, just as you won't. You will more likely deny it vehemently; after all, you must, to maintain the facade.
    Oh, and you just got a D in psychology! No, E.

     
  • At April 5, 2007 at 10:29 PM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    You want more proof? Read this:

    But does that matter? Spring surrounds the path, and the beauty is enough for the moment, to lull my worries and fears... to carry me away to a world of wonder...

    Not a romantic, eh?

     
  • At April 5, 2007 at 11:57 PM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    Do you believe in coincidence? You may find this hard to believe but I posted my most recent post immediately before reading your last comment. I have not read the post you refered to, Filthy Lucre,for a long time, but it is about childhood and refers to many things I mention in my new post. Odd that it should be the very one you read. Bizarre.
    All you read in my blog is either true, in the sense of that's how I remember it or an opinion. All that stuff about coin is true, to the best of my knowledge.
    You were way off the mark on my age, I'm 57 and I am a teacher of art and design in Kuwait.
    I have read a couple of your blogs and I will be back! Promise, not threat.
    Don't you have a life? All day on the computer? Have a good day...





    Well, I notice you didn't deny being romantic again..

     
  • At April 6, 2007 at 12:18 AM, Blogger Life in a Dust Storm said…

    So now I am beginning to look like a stalker, but you did ask me to read your blog. And I have. Kepp writing, you have interesting ideas. When you refer to writing, do you mean with pen and ink? Or is it a euphemism for what I am doing right now, tapping the keys. Indeed, do you possess a pen? I mean a real fountain pen with real ink. I am a pen freak, I have a collection, some as old as 1914. I love them and I must use tham more often. Nice blog.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...