Monday, March 19, 2007
THE VAST REACHES OF THE UNIVERSE
There are ways of viewing stars. It can be done by looking up at the night sky and straining your neck while trying to take in the sky. Or through a telescope, looking at smudges millions of miles away, brought close to you by a miracle of science.
And then there are views with which to view stars. Like a casual observer who has time on his hands. Or like a poet, dazzled by the beauty of the heavens above him. Or perhaps even, as a scientist, trying to work out th mysteries of those tiny twinkling lights.

The last view is, I find, the most interesting.

What is it about the skies that surround me that so allures me, beckons to me, intices me to know its mysteries? Whatever it may be, I still am allured, inticed, tempted, enchanted...
What secrets do these stars know? What universes of knowledge can it yield?

Scientists- astrologers, cosmologists, physicists- they're all doing their best to hunt out the secrets. Have been doing so for ges. Yet they're far from getting to know how it all works.

Picking up a book on the universe, and its mechanics, the matter seems to wash over me, like a pleasant dream, and a very nice one, like a fairytale come true, exhilarating me, making my pulse race, and yet, I'm unable to grasp the enormity of what is lited in front of me. Of the achievments of the theory of relativity, and quantum mechanics, and how the two seem to be irreconcilable.

Quasars, and quarks, the possibility of life and its improbabilities, all of this and its thoughts haunt me. And then I think, perhaps a good outlet will be a poem. Not scientific at all. I disappoint myself...

Labels: ,

posted by Clezevra @ 12:30 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At March 28, 2007 at 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    i really liked this peice of yours but though i would piut myself in the category who has lots of time in hand to view the sky
    i muust say it was good and its usually tough to bring out on paper what u r exactly thinking but i guess you have done a cool work

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...