Thursday, May 31, 2007
ESCAPING
So, tomorrow I leave for a nice, long holiday (the two adjectives follow each other, I think). Ten glorious days of sunshine and- well, all else that a holiday generally involves. I'm definitely looking forward to it...
...As I did the last time. What happened then was that I was assuaged by guilt at not working. My conscience repeatedly poked me to put my time to constructive use- enjoying carelessly was not an option.
That makes me sound like a workaholic. But no, I'm not- not to too great an extent anyway. It's not as if I need to be working to keep happy- my dreams involve long times of doing nothing. The only reason I work hard is to clear the way for the future, so that I don't have to work then.
When an opportunity to relax does arrive, I force myself to do some small chore, or at least, mentally plan how to do them.
Having nothing to do is a major problem for me. Time seems to weigh on my mind- dragging me through the quagmire of time where memories haunt... I really have too much time to think...
So, that sounds like I use work to escape from myself, which is even worse than being a workaholic.
Ah well, whatever the case, happy holidays!
posted by Clezevra @ 6:39 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...