Monday, July 9, 2007
IDEALISM
Perfectionism is one of the most annoying characteristics, still, I wonder, what would an ideal blog be?
With so many around, it's still quite hard to find a good one as you idly surf. So what makes a 'good blog'?
Well, I guess it should be creative, though it's not a necessity. The good old fashioned blogs (that is- diary entries) can be fine, as long as they aren't too personal. Then, views, opinions and comments, I find, make for the most interesting type. But of course, the most popular blogs are around a cetain idea- music say, or the environment, though I find it tends to get boring or fanatical.
The name of the blog is an important factor- something catchy, and entertaining, or even thoughtful. But most pay attention to this detail.
Then, there's regularity. Some write every day, others, one a week, but some sense of order and duty needs to be there. You can't blog once in a blue moon and get away with it. Naturally, those are the ons who don't really care.
That brings me to the second most longed for thing- popularity. Every blogger longs for it, after all. But so few get it. It's quite possible that good blogs are obscure.
Personally, rather than breif popularity (as in blogs of the day) it might be better to have a more select, but dedicated following.

Blogging's so popular these days, it's easier than anything to get one. What makes blogs special is their availability, that anyone can write. At the same time, this is a disadvantage, too, for it means people can also post rubbish- and they do.
But in the end, it's good to have your own space, and see what you can make of it.
posted by Clezevra @ 7:47 AM  
4 Comments:
  • At July 10, 2007 at 2:46 AM, Blogger Acquaintance said…

    You posted a comment when I was still online so I decided to come by. Nice words you choose for this post they come together in a way that I just can't stop reading.

    I'll be back to read more it's late here in Texas right now and I need sleep. Later Clezevra and take care. :)

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 9:27 AM, Blogger Safdar said…

    interesting.

     
  • At July 11, 2007 at 1:19 PM, Blogger High Power Rocketry said…

    : )

     
  • At July 12, 2007 at 11:51 AM, Blogger slartybartfarst said…

    Hi Clezevra. I see you have yet another blog....are you going for the Guinness book of records? Look I'm sorry I haven't yet got around to completing the marathon. I teach in the mornings 'til 2, come home eat and then go to the British Council and teach 'til 10.15 so when I finally return home, it's time to sleep. But I finish the summer school on Sunday, so will have some time during the day before I fly on Thursday. I promise to get it done then. Also I might have some time tomorrow afternoon, it being the weekend here.
    I teach art at school but the summer school is really glorified baby sitting; I take them to the beach, bowling, cinema etc but I have given them a couple of art lessons. In truth they don't want to learn much, they want to chill.
    I teach English at the British Council, quite often to Indians wanting to emigrate to Canada.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...