Friday, July 13, 2007
ALL THAT NONSENSE
Sacrilege! Blasphemy!
Now what would provoke me enough to utter those two words? Something that, perhaps, others would consider silly to the greatest extreme.
It's actually the kind 'popular books' I'm complaining about. You know- Mills and Boons, Princess Diaries, and chick-lit in general.
It's such utter rubbish, I mean, is it even that? Crap woven together, invariably told from a female's point of view, and the same stuff with different covers and names. I simply can't get it.
It escapes me why people would want to read such stuff. Their reply's usually, it's 'light stuff', but one thing it doesn't do is relax.
So, why is it so permissable to read such matter? If I could, I would throw out all of them and burn them at the stake!
Extreme? Perhaps, but I'd still do it, because the stuff is downright poisonous!
I mean, there are so many better books to read. How could someone waste time and money on... as for the writers!!! True, they have their livings to earn, but the point is, they shouldn't be earning it.
How could anybody write such degrading stuff. If I did, I'd make sure I had a very effective psudonym ready.

One book is enough for evermore... you know, even if it is happily ever after, which it unfailingly is...
posted by Clezevra @ 7:50 AM  
2 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...