Sunday, October 14, 2007
LARGER THAN LIFE
I was thinking about movies the other day, and quite a few thoughts and views presented themselves.

Firstly, I thought of how wonderful it would be as a writer, to see what had started out as mere thoughts come caterwauling into existence. To see a world born in imagination come true, and how. The ecstasy of seeing reality being created out of nothingness... but mere thoughts.
Seeing some movie versions of books, to whatever degree they might be true to it, makes me think also, that while I'm reading a book, I can see the scenes playing out, the characters talking, alive. The whole book for me is a experience in its entirety, sights and sounds and all that makes life. But seeing the version of the same book in the format of a movie, especially if its good, leaves me unable to translate it into words, though I try. From which I conclude, writing requires more talent than making movies, but I know there'll be lot more opposition to it.
Then comes my choice of movies. I'm amazingly unwilling to try movies unless they are really recommended. Most of the time, movies based on books is what I find alluring. Also, these movies tend to be old English movies from the 1930s and 40s... My Fair Lady, Casablanca, Roman Holiday, Mary Poppins... and so on and so forth.

So there are my thoughts concerning movies, which are pretty eccentric, as far as I can see.
posted by Clezevra @ 7:37 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At October 14, 2007 at 9:07 AM, Blogger bereaved vendetta said…

    HOW CAN YOU ENTITLE YOUR OWN THOUGHTS ECCENTRIC??? THAT'S LIKE DEFYING YOUR THOUGHTS, WHICH I BELIEVE MUST BE RESPECTED, ESECIALLY IN THE CASE OF A PERSON AS YOU.

     
  • At October 14, 2007 at 9:16 AM, Blogger slartybartfarst said…

    Hey C.
    Well I did visit acouple of times but you seemed to be posting about once a month. And now clearly you have had a flurry of activity. I am like you regarding films...I hardly ever go to the cinema, I am usually unimpressed by what I see. Sometimes if something is recommended, then it's different. I have favourites, and Casablanca is high on the list. Dr Zhivago, too, but also the quirky Lost in Translation, but then there is the Johanssen factor...
    Your poems are deep and emotional. Are you going through trauma? Who doesn't at your age? Are you still 14 or have you passed another threshold?

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...