Friday, August 15, 2008
POSSIBILITIES, POTENTIAL, AND IMPROBABILITY
I suppose it is so with every 'writer', as I fancy myself. There are millions of ideas that I simply have not bothered, or haven't bothered to bother, to put on paper. If I had, it would probably have ended up in a clutter like the last sentence.
Here are some of the better ones (according to me) that I might yet use in the very distant future:

I I ended up with this one a few years ago, quite by accident. It's meant to be about this woman who's desperately searching for a husband, for the sole purpose of carrying on tradition. She looks extremely cosmopolitan- because that is exactly what she is. Starting from around a century ago her very-great-grandfather, who was English, decided to take a Chinese wife. Their daughter married a guy from Chile. And so was born the custom of getting the whole world into that family, much hindered by the partition of various countries. Finally, there's only one country left- India- and so she's husband hunting.
Abandoned because I didn't know enough about various countries, least of all my own...

II This one's a short story that I am thinking of getting out onto paper, especially after the recent terrorist attacks. It starts with a woman cursing all terrorists, ever born, with something like "How dare those men..." Her tedious speech is being heard out by another woman, her long time friend. Her patience is at an end 'cause of the inability of the world to see that their actions too might be justified, and the fact that the credit always goes to 'men', when, after all, she is the mastermind behind it all...

I must pause here to go and write the stories. And there is no way I'm posting this post. Duh.
posted by Clezevra @ 6:00 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...