Friday, October 16, 2009
FORAYS INTO FANTASTICAL LANDS

I tend to go crazy in bookshops.

I enter with a reasonable intention of a book to help me tide over the tedium of studying, but the walk back to car involves packages heavier than I thought possible.

Here's what I bought though (and for the life of me, I still can't choose among them)

Dear Undercover Economist- economic jargon to explain marriage, insurance, and, in short, life.

A Short History of Nearly Everything, Bill Bryson- ambition soars high.

Something by Richard Feynman, because I've never read him before and I really, really should for the purpose of edification (also, it seemed irresistibly tempting)

And, for a light read, a book by Sebastian Faulks. I need some fiction.

In addition, my brother bought an Eva Ibbotson and a Christie, which I will doubtless end up reading.

Oh yes, I study, too.

I have serious suspicions that I wouldn't mind spending my life in a dark room, lined with books going round in spirals, from floor to ceiling. And a window seat to read in. I can't understand why libraries are out to 'remove the mistaken notion that libraries are dark rooms with musty books'. That's exactly why I like them...

posted by Clezevra @ 6:23 AM  
3 Comments:
  • At October 16, 2009 at 7:44 AM, Blogger Kirra Serra said…

    I have three Bryson's, including that one. I keep picking them up with the intention of reading them... I am a waste of resources.
    Is the Feynman one 'Surely you are Joking/Kidding Mr. Feynman'?
    Why does Eva ring a bell? Is it something we saw at the Scholastic Book Fair?
    I am getting used to reading books on the laptop. Life is cruel.
    And, finally, next time you go into one of your lapses of not blogging, warn me.

     
  • At October 16, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Blogger Clezevra said…

    Yes. Probably because-yes.

     
  • At October 16, 2009 at 8:40 AM, Blogger Tangled up in blue... said…

    I really love Feynman's "What do You care what other people think?" most! Awesomely written..

    and i've read that one by Bryson, its fun to read..really, the guy is pretty cool! I keep thinking I'll buy some more of his books..but somehow, havent gotten around to it yet..

    And girl, I never met anyone who thought Faulks was "light reading". :D

    I wudnt mind being a librarian either..that or I pitch a tent inside a bookstore for the rest of my life! :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...