Wednesday, June 24, 2009
'CELL' PHONE?
Now, I have been more than brought down a peg or two about seeing a pun where none was intended, but this one simply escaped me till today.

Social ramifications apart, first let me begin with coincidence.
Yesterday, I misplaced my phone. Very natural and all that, except that- it was difficult to sleep at night! Not a result of worrying, because I knew exactly where the phone was- it was just not beside me! No comfy light when I got up in the middle of the night, no alarm clock, cut off from the outside world- aaargh!
And then, today, I got up to the realization that my mother had misplaced hers, too! Telephone telepathy or just plain black magic?
Anyway, it turns out that while my phone is now reassuringly beside me, my mom's is lost beyond hope of recovery. Second time in a year, no less.
And how long is the tedium of living without a phone? 5 hours, I kid you not... a new phone has replaced the last one. And here I sit, already beginning to forget how the previous one looked...

Now, I completely understand the necessity of the phone- people call, work beckons, etc. Without it her patients would be dead of toothache by now.
Hmmm... How long till we get a number assigned to us at birth? How long before even that's insufficient...

PS this is not, I repeat, not, a result of any petty envy arising from any sibling receiving a better phone. The march of technology et al, tu sais?
posted by Clezevra @ 8:20 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At June 24, 2009 at 9:25 AM, Blogger bereaved vendetta said…

    i can truly empathize... it's just the same for me everyday.. i remember on one occasion when my tuition teacher asked us to not get our phones in the next class, and it was perhaps just 1.5 hours, and i was dying when i stepped outside the house. i was being separated from this object that had for so long become a part of every second of the day... And it's strange, you don't realize how important it is until it's gone, just like pets and people...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...