Monday, November 9, 2009
I AM UNNECESSARILY CREATIVE
Since I'm applying to the US, there are lots of cliche topics out there. Which is no hindrance whatsoever...
Describe an experience when you worked in partnership with others to achieve something you could not have done alone.

Blankness engulfs me as the plot begins to waver.

As bouts of terror make regular appearances, I will Pollyanna to appear. She rushes in then, all dishevelled and ready for conferences about her life. I’ve spent hours plotting her entrance, but now she refuses to go through the motions. She’s supposed to be ethereally enchanting, but she argues for nonchalance. Finally, we decide upon a graceful indifference. And when she makes her way down the winding staircase- whether it’s timing, or sheer luck- silence falls.
Sleepless nights preceded her agreement to the number and surrealism of paintings. We both have different opinions and she refuses to listen to mine. The sea that she comes up with, though, sounds just right- a metaphor, a palette, a work of art. I leave the creative decisions to her, and, as always, she’s right.

No matter what I do to make Tabatha appear misguided, she insists on sounding spiteful. My imagination must take a hard toll on their relations. Fine then, I decide, spew the dialogues, and if being a murder suspect adds to the plot, I’m all for it.

And Reville, good lord, Reville... he has no idea how to propose. Mere fabricated words won’t substitute dialogue. I come up with scenarios and alternatives, but the discrete way he prefers might just be right for him. I permit it. Pollyanna seems to agree. Of course, I’d rather that he blamed someone else, but, as a quintessential lover, he insists on accusing himself. No wonder he’s the prime suspect.

I type the last words with vehemence, and then the conversations in my head cease.
Theoretically, I hold the strings in the world of make believe- but my characters leap off the page and their arguments correct even my fixed ideas. As I’m complemented on the story, I wonder who the creator was. Appearances to the contrary, it couldn’t have been my work alone. My characters had more than their fair say.
posted by Clezevra @ 5:42 AM  
1 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
COCKTAIL PUNCH AND A DASH OF SALT
My Photo
Name:
Location: In Limbo

If knowing oneself is really proof of not knowing oneself this part of the profile is so pointless...

PAST POSTINGS
Archives
Now that you're here...
Template By
Free Blogger Templates
© COCKTAIL, PUNCH, AND A DASH OF SALT...